California Association of Building Energy Consultants

Get Started / Prices

Getting Started

  1. Contact me, Beth Smithwick, the principal of CompuCalc. I will discuss the project with you so I can give you an estimate for energy documentation cost and time.
  2. Send me your plans. Plans created in a computer-aided drafting program can be sent in .dwg or .dxf format (Model Space). Required plan sheets include:
    • Plot plan (or a North arrow on the floor plan)
    • Floor plan
    • Cross-section
    • Elevations page
    • Foundation plan
    • Existing floor plan (if the project is an addition)
  3. For many projects, you — the contractor or homeowner — will have to register at a central database website (e.g., CalCERTS Home Energy Rating Systems - HERS). This website registers building projects whose Title 24 Energy Compliance is reached with the use of HERS Verification Testing(s). This is a paperwork process that became effective October 1, 2010. I can give you explanation and training about this process.


Contact me for an initial discussion, I can give you a firm quote.